Lesson 1. Topic 1
The structure and principles of functioning of the immune system. Age immunology
Give detailed answers to the following questions
Send your answers for review to e-mail: email@example.com. Sign the next information in the topic of the letter and in the title of the attached file (.doc or .docx): Last name, First name, Group, Subgroup, Subject, Topic number. For example: "Smith, John. 415. Sub-group 15. Clinical immunology. Topic 1". Attention! Works with incorrect titles will not be reviewed!
Also we remind you that you have to do your homework by youself. If your teacher sees some identical works all the authors will recieve poor grades.
- Age-specific features of the functioning of the immune system in children of all ages and the elderly. The concept of critical periods of the immune system.
- Monocyte-macrophage system: functions, features, role in the formation and realization of the immune response.
- Killing effect as a component of immunobiological surveillance. Basic types of killer cells, their function and properties.
- Humoral factors of innate immunity.
- Thymus: the main features of ontogeny and functioning.
- The role of the T-link in the implementation of the immune response. Subpopulations of T lymphocytes. Major markers and clusters of differentiation.
- B-cell immunity. Basic markers and features. Concepts of T-dependent and T-independent types of an immune response.
- Immunoglobulins: structure, functions, classes. Characteristics of immune complexes and their role in the development of pathology.
- Cytokines: classification, function and involvement in immune processes.
- Structure and function of the major histocompatibility complex. The role of the HLA phenotype in the disease formation.